Friday 24 April 1914
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ruth White and Bernard Caulfield.
Neptune's Daughter, directed by Herbert Brenon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1914.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 April 1914!
Which were the important events of 24 April 1914 ?
- Saint Alexander (died 178)
- Genocide Remembrance Day in Armenia.
- Republic Day in The Gambia (1970).
- Newman's Day.
- 24-Hour Comics Day.
- Saint Maria-Euphrasia Pelletier (d.1868)
- Saint Honorius
- Saint Fidelis of Sigmaringen
- Saint Egbert of Northumbria
- Saint Deodatus
- Ruth White: Perth Amboy, New Jersey -- Actress (Up the Down Staircase).
- Bernard Caulfield: judge.
- Sally Jong: Dutch Jewish physician, who became an assistant of Joseph Mengele in his twin project and died after the war in KZ Buchenwald.
- Loe Jong: Dutch and Jewish historian and journalist, the writer of the Dutch standard work "The Kingdom of the Netherlands During World War II".
- Larry Blake: American actor (d. 1982).
- William Castle: American director producer and screenwriter (d. 1977)
- Phil Watson: Canadian ice hockey player and coach (Born 1914)
- Justin Wilson: American Cajun chef and humorist (Born 1914)
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?