Wednesday 24 April 1929
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ferit Tuzun and André Darrigade.
Alibi, directed by Roland West, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 April 1929!
Which were the important events of 24 April 1929 ?
- Saint Alexander (died 178)
- Genocide Remembrance Day in Armenia.
- Republic Day in The Gambia (1970).
- Newman's Day.
- 24-Hour Comics Day.
- Saint Maria-Euphrasia Pelletier (d.1868)
- Saint Honorius
- Saint Fidelis of Sigmaringen
- Saint Egbert of Northumbria
- Saint Deodatus
- Ferit Tuzun: Composer.
- André Darrigade: French road cyclist racer, he won 22 stages as a sprinter in the Tours de France (to compare with Mark Cavendish).
- Stanislas Curyl: France sport Champion.
- Andre Darrigade: France sport Champion.
- Rajkumar : Indian actor and singer (d. 2006).
- 1st non-stop England to India flight takes-off
- Thorvald Stauning becomes premier of Denmark.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?