Wednesday 24 April 1929
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Alibi, directed by Roland West, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 April 1929!
Which were the important events of 24 April 1929 ?
- Saint Alexander (died 178)
- Genocide Remembrance Day in Armenia.
- Republic Day in The Gambia (1970).
- Newman's Day.
- 24-Hour Comics Day.
- Saint Maria-Euphrasia Pelletier (d.1868)
- Saint Honorius
- Saint Fidelis of Sigmaringen
- Saint Egbert of Northumbria
- Saint Deodatus
- Rajkumar : Indian actor and singer (d. 2006).
- Stanislas Curyl: France sport Champion.
- Andre Darrigade: France sport Champion.
- Ferit Tuzun: Composer.
- André Darrigade: French road cyclist racer, he won 22 stages as a sprinter in the Tours de France (to compare with Mark Cavendish).
- 1st non-stop England to India flight takes-off
- Thorvald Stauning becomes premier of Denmark.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 24 April 1929 and get them!