Monday 24 April 1933
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Barbour and Alan Eagleson.
The Three Musketeers, directed by Colbert Clark, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 April 1933!
Which were the important events of 24 April 1933 ?
- Saint Alexander (died 178)
- Genocide Remembrance Day in Armenia.
- Republic Day in The Gambia (1970).
- Newman's Day.
- 24-Hour Comics Day.
- Saint Maria-Euphrasia Pelletier (d.1868)
- Saint Honorius
- Saint Fidelis of Sigmaringen
- Saint Egbert of Northumbria
- Saint Deodatus
- John Barbour: American newscaster and TV critic.
- Alan Eagleson: Canadian politician and lawyer who wielded enormous power in the world of professional hockey.
- Art Hunter: American college and pro football player.
- Umberto Vernaglione: Italy sport Champion.
- Patricia Bosworth: American actress, journalist, writer and biographer.
- Claire Davenport: English actress (d. 2002)
- Helmuth Lohner: Austrian actor and director (d. 2015)
- Freddie Scott: American singer and songwriter (Born 1933)
- 1st major league to get 4 consecutive doubles in 9 inn (Dick Bartell)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 24 April 1933
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?