Monday 24 April 1944
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Gaslight, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1944.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 April 1944!
Which were the important events of 24 April 1944 ?
- Saint Alexander (died 178)
- Genocide Remembrance Day in Armenia.
- Republic Day in The Gambia (1970).
- Newman's Day.
- 24-Hour Comics Day.
- Saint Maria-Euphrasia Pelletier (d.1868)
- Saint Honorius
- Saint Fidelis of Sigmaringen
- Saint Egbert of Northumbria
- Saint Deodatus
- [Bernard] Saint: Clair Lee [Calhoun]; American singer ("Rock the Boat").
- Peter Cresswell: English judge.
- St Lee: American singer (The Hues Corporation) (d. 2011).
- Maarja Nummert: Estonian architect.
- Tony Visconti: American singer and producer.
- Bill Singer: American baseball pitcher with a 14-year career from 1964 to 1977. He played primarily for the Los Angeles Dodgers (1964–72) and the California Angels (1973–75), spending his final two seasons with the Texas Rangers (1976), Minnesota Twins (1976) and Toronto Blue Jays (1977).
- Christine Ockrent: Belgian news journalist on Channel A2 in Belgium. Ockrent had a son with her companion, Bernard Kouchner.
- 1st Boeing B-29 arrives in China over the Hump
- RAF bombs Munich
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1944 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Bing Crosby - I'll Be Seeing You
- Besame Mucho - Andy Russell
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?