Tuesday 24 April 1945
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Doug Clifford in Palo Alto and Robert Knight in Franklin.
Blood on the Sun, directed by Frank Lloyd, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1945.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 April 1945!
Which were the important events of 24 April 1945 ?
- Saint Alexander (died 178)
- Genocide Remembrance Day in Armenia.
- Republic Day in The Gambia (1970).
- Newman's Day.
- 24-Hour Comics Day.
- Saint Maria-Euphrasia Pelletier (d.1868)
- Saint Honorius
- Saint Fidelis of Sigmaringen
- Saint Egbert of Northumbria
- Saint Deodatus
- Doug Clifford in Palo Alto: California, USA; rock drummer (Creedence Clearwater Revival - "Proud Mary").
- Robert Knight in Franklin: Tennessee, USA; rocker (Everlasting Love).
- Dick Rivers: French rock singer who celebrated 35 years in his career from the time he was 15, with a great many TV productions.
- Graeme Catto: Scottish physician and academic.
- Doug Clifford: American drummer and songwriter (Creedence Clearwater Revival Creedence Clearwater Revisited and Don Harrison Band).
- Robert Knight: American singer
- Doug Riley: Canadian keyboard player and producer (Dr. Music) (d. 2007)
- Albert B Happy Chandler is named 2nd baseball commissioner
- Delegates of 46 countries gather in SF (to discuss UN)
- Retreating German troops destroy all the bridges over the Adige in Verona, including the historical Ponte di Castelvecchio and Ponte Pietra.
- April ndash The British/Canadian front enters Breman.
- Founding negotiations for the United Nations begin in San Francisco.
- WWII ndash Elbe Day: United States and Soviet troops link up at the Elbe River, cutting Germany in two.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?