Saturday 24 April 1954
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK I See The Moon by The Stargazers was in the top 5 hits.
Three Coins in the Fountain, directed by Jean Negulesco, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 April 1954!
Which were the important events of 24 April 1954 ?
- Saint Alexander (died 178)
- Genocide Remembrance Day in Armenia.
- Republic Day in The Gambia (1970).
- Newman's Day.
- 24-Hour Comics Day.
- Saint Maria-Euphrasia Pelletier (d.1868)
- Saint Honorius
- Saint Fidelis of Sigmaringen
- Saint Egbert of Northumbria
- Saint Deodatus
- Captain Sensible [Raymond Burns] in Balham: London, England; rocker ("Women and Captains First").
- Mumia Abu-Jamal: American journalist on Pennsylvania's death-row in prison, 2001, who claims to have been falsely convicted of shooting and killing police officer Faulkner on 12/09/1981, 3:52 AM, Philadelphia.
- Ray Burns: British musician and comedian known as the zany "Captain Sensible.
- Jack Blades: American bass player and songwriter (Night Ranger Rubicon Damn Yankees and Tak Matsumoto Group).
- Sensible: English singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Damned and Dead Men Walking).
- 1st American, civilian pilot, P.R. Holden, wounded in Indochina
- Australia and the USSR break diplomatic relations
- WSEE TV channel 35 in Erie, PA (CBS) begins broadcasting
- First American, civilian pilot, P R Holden, wounded in Indochina.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1954 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?