Wednesday 24 April 1957
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to All Shook Up by Elvis Presley.
In UK Cumberland Gap by Lonnie Donegan was in the top 5 hits.
Desk Set, directed by Walter Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Scapegoat by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1957.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 April 1957!
Which were the important events of 24 April 1957 ?
- Saint Alexander (died 178)
- Genocide Remembrance Day in Armenia.
- Republic Day in The Gambia (1970).
- Newman's Day.
- 24-Hour Comics Day.
- Saint Maria-Euphrasia Pelletier (d.1868)
- Saint Honorius
- Saint Fidelis of Sigmaringen
- Saint Egbert of Northumbria
- Saint Deodatus
- Tricia Lange: Hollywood, California -- Playmate (June, 1984).
- Nazir Ahmed: Baron Ahmed Pakistani-English businessman and politician.
- David J: English bass player (Bauhaus and Love and Rockets).
- Boris Williams: French-English drummer (The Cure Thompson Twins and Babacar).
- Stanny Van Paesschen: Dutch equestrian who attended the Atlanta Olympics, placing 52nd in Individual Jumping and 13th in Team Jumping.
- Chicago Cubs' pitchers walk National League record nine Cincinnati Reds in 5th inning.
- Suez Crisis: The Suez Canal is reopened following the introduction of UNEF peacekeepers to the region.
- Patrick Moore presents the first episode of ''The Sky at Night'', a BBC television programme for astronomy enthusiasts.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?