Thursday 24 April 1958
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Twilight Time by The Platters.
In UK Whole Lotta Woman by Marvin Rainwater was in the top 5 hits.
Bob le Flambeur, directed by Melville, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 April 1958!
Which were the important events of 24 April 1958 ?
- Saint Alexander (died 178)
- Genocide Remembrance Day in Armenia.
- Republic Day in The Gambia (1970).
- Newman's Day.
- 24-Hour Comics Day.
- Saint Maria-Euphrasia Pelletier (d.1868)
- Saint Honorius
- Saint Fidelis of Sigmaringen
- Saint Egbert of Northumbria
- Saint Deodatus
- Valery Lantratov: Russian ballet dancer.
- Brian Paddick: British former deputy assistant commissioner and most senior openly gay police officer.
- Fernando Luna: in Spain; tennis star.
- Lee Walls hits three homeruns, as Chicago Cubs beat Los Angeles Dodgers 15-2.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1958 ?
Top #9 songs in the USA
- The Champs - Tequila
- Laurie London - He's Got The Whole World (In His Hands)
- David Seville - Witch Doctor
- The Platters - Twilight Time
- The Chordettes - Lollipop
- Elvis Presley - Wear My Ring Around Your Neck
- Pat Boone - A Wonderful Time Up There
- Ricky Nelson - Believe What You Say
- The Monotones - Book Of Love
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 24 April 1958 and get them!