Wednesday 24 April 1974
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jared Tomich and Marc Collins.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to TSOP (The Sound Of Philadelphia) by MFSB.
In UK Seasons In The Sun by Terry Jacks was in the top 5 hits.
The Lord's of Flatbush, directed by Martin Davidson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Burr by Gore Vidal was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Little Doctor.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Qwak! or Spasim.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 April 1974!
Which were the important events of 24 April 1974 ?
- Saint Alexander (died 178)
- Genocide Remembrance Day in Armenia.
- Republic Day in The Gambia (1970).
- Newman's Day.
- 24-Hour Comics Day.
- Saint Maria-Euphrasia Pelletier (d.1868)
- Saint Honorius
- Saint Fidelis of Sigmaringen
- Saint Egbert of Northumbria
- Saint Deodatus
- Jared Tomich: defensive end (New Orleans Saints).
- Marc Collins: NFL punter (Seattle Seahawks).
- Toine Rorije: soccer player (Go Ahead Eagles).
- Brian Marshall: American bassist (Creed, Alter Bridge).
- Dave Vitty: British radio personality.
- Muhoozi Kainerugaba: Brigadier in the Uganda People's Defence Force (UPDF). He is the Commander of the Special Forces Group, which contains the unit known as Presidential Guard Brigade responsible for providing security to the President of Uganda and to Uganda's constitutional monarchs. The Special Forces Group is also responsible for providing security at Uganda's oil installations. He is the first-born son of President Yoweri Museveni, who is reportedly grooming him as his successor, and Janet Museveni, the Minist
- Barry Stock: Guitarist
- Derek Luke: American actor
- Comedy Dave: Hong Kong-English radio host
- Eric Kripke: American television writer, director and producer
- Stephen Wiltshire: British artist, autistic savant
- Bud Abbott: comedian (Abbott and Costello), dies at age 78.
- NFL grants franchise to Tampa Bay (Buccaneers).
- Dutch women's hockey team becomes world champion.
- Stephen King publishes ''Carrie'', his first novel under his own name.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 24 April 1974
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- MFSB - TSOP (The Sound Of Philadelphia)
- Elton John - Bennie And The Jets
- Gladys Knight and the Pips - Best Thing That Ever Happened To Me
- Grand Funk - The Loco-Motion
- Ringo Starr - Oh My My
- Blue Swede - Hooked On A Feeling
- Redbone - Come And Get Your Love
- Jackson 5 - Dancing Machine
- Jim Croce - I'll Have To Say I Love You In A Song
- Bobby Womack - Lookin' For A Love
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?