Friday 24 August 1928
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Joseph Chamberlain and Barbara Shafferman.
The Patriot, directed by Ernst Lubitsch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 August 1928!
Which were the important events of 24 August 1928 ?
- Liberia: Flag Day
- RC Saints - Feast day of Saint Bartholomew
- Roman festivals - first of the 3 days on which the mundus was opened
- Ukraine: National Holiday, independence from Russia (1991)
- Sierra Leone: President's Birthday
- Joseph Chamberlain: American astronomer and geophysicist who published many works on auroral, airglow and planetary astronomy.
- Barbara Shafferman: American astrologer, teaching astrology from 1975 in adult education programs at two school districts and then lecturing at local libraries and high schools.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?