Wednesday 24 August 1955
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jeffrey Daniel and Mike Huckabee.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to (We're Gonna) Rock Around The Clock by Bill Haley and His Comets.
In UK Rose Marie by Slim Whitman was in the top 5 hits.
The Man from Laramie, directed by Anthony Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while Something Of Value by Robert Ruark was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Jane Wyman Presents The Fireside Theatre.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 August 1955!
Which were the important events of 24 August 1955 ?
- Liberia: Flag Day
- RC Saints - Feast day of Saint Bartholomew
- Roman festivals - first of the 3 days on which the mundus was opened
- Ukraine: National Holiday, independence from Russia (1991)
- Sierra Leone: President's Birthday
- Jeffrey Daniel: Los Angeles, California -- Rock vocalist (Shalamar).
- Mike Huckabee: American Baptist minister and politician, Republican governor of Arkansas from 1996 to 2007, and presidential hopeful in the 2008 race.
- Roger Linn: American musician and entrepreneur.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1955 ?
Top #8 songs in the USA
- Chuck Berry - Maybellene
- Jaye P. Morgan - The Longest Walk
- Bill Haley and His Comets - (We're Gonna) Rock Around The Clock
- Pat Boone - Ain't That A Shame
- Mitch Miller Orchestra & Chorus - The Yellow Rose Of Texas
- Frank Sinatra - Learnin' The Blues
- Boyd Bennett - Seventeen
- Chuck Miller - The House Of Blue Lights
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?