Saturday 24 August 1957
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear by Elvis Presley.
In UK All Shook Up by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
The Pajama Game, directed by George Abbott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while Letter From Peking by Pearl S. Buck was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1957.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 August 1957!
Which were the important events of 24 August 1957 ?
- Liberia: Flag Day
- RC Saints - Feast day of Saint Bartholomew
- Roman festivals - first of the 3 days on which the mundus was opened
- Ukraine: National Holiday, independence from Russia (1991)
- Sierra Leone: President's Birthday
- Stephen Fry: English comedian, actor, writer, presenter, director, and activist.
- Jeffrey Daniel: American singer-songwriter and dancer (Shalamar).
- Marcel Vanthilt: Belgian singer and television host.
- Albert Edward Sammons: Composer, dies at 71.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear
- The Everly Brothers - Bye Bye Love
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- Debbie Reynolds - Tammy
- The Coasters - Searchin'
- Billy Williams - I'm Gonna Sit Right Down & Write Myself A Letter
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- Larry Williams - Short Fat Fannie
- The Dell-Vikings - Whispering Bells
- Don Rondo - White Silver Sands
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?