Monday 24 August 1964
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Pebbles and Salizhan Sharkirovich Sharipov.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Where Did Our Love Go by The Supremes.
In UK Do Wah Diddy Diddy by Manfred Mann was in the top 5 hits.
Mary Poppins, directed by Robert Stevenson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Match of the Day.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 August 1964!
Which were the important events of 24 August 1964 ?
- Liberia: Flag Day
- RC Saints - Feast day of Saint Bartholomew
- Roman festivals - first of the 3 days on which the mundus was opened
- Ukraine: National Holiday, independence from Russia (1991)
- Sierra Leone: President's Birthday
- Pebbles: Rock vocalist (Girlfriend).
- Salizhan Sharkirovich Sharipov: Kirhizia -- Astronaut (STS-89).
- Eric Bernard: French racing driver.
- Sandra Nascimento: Brazilian noted family, the illegitimate daughter of soccer-great Pele from an affair with a woman in Santos.
- Éric Bernard: French race car driver.
- Oteil Burbridge: American bass player (The Allman Brothers Band Tedeschi Trucks Band Vida Blue BK3 and Col. Bruce Hampton and The Aquarium Rescue Unit)
- Dana Gould: American comedian actor and screenwriter
- Salizhan Sharipov: Kyrgyzstani-Russian lieutenant pilot and astronaut
- Maurice Schoemaker: Composer, dies at 73.
- 27 – The Democratic National Convention in Atlantic City nominates incumbent President Lyndon B. Johnson for a full term, and U.S. Senator Hubert Humphrey of Minnesota as his running mate.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Supremes - Where Did Our Love Go
- The Animals - The House Of The Rising Sun
- Dean Martin - Everybody Loves Somebody
- The Beatles - A Hard Day's Night
- Bobby Freeman - C'mon And Swim
- The Drifters - Under The Boardwalk
- The Dave Clark Five - Because
- The Ventures - Walk..Don't Run '64
- The Newbeats - Bread And Butter
- Gerry and the Pacemakers - How Do You Do It
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?