Monday 24 August 1970
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sandra Whyte and Tugay Kerimoglu.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to War by Edwin Starr.
In UK The Wonder Of You by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Lovers and Other Strangers, directed by Cy Howard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The Crystal Cave by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Ljubav na seoski nacin.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1970.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 August 1970!
Which were the important events of 24 August 1970 ?
- Liberia: Flag Day
- RC Saints - Feast day of Saint Bartholomew
- Roman festivals - first of the 3 days on which the mundus was opened
- Ukraine: National Holiday, independence from Russia (1991)
- Sierra Leone: President's Birthday
- Sandra Whyte: Ice hockey forward (USA, Olympics - 1998).
- Tugay Kerimoglu: Turkish footballer.
- David Gregory: American journalist and host of "Meet the Press," a weekly current affairs television show, beginning late 2008.
- Dan Henderson: American wrestler and mixed martial artist.
- Tugay Kerimoğlu: Turkish footballer and manager.
- Bomb kills one at University of Wisconsin's Army Math Research Center in Madison.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Edwin Starr - War
- Bread - Make It With You
- Carpenters - (They Long To Be) Close To You
- Mungo Jerry - In The Summertime
- Eric Burdon and War - Spill The Wine
- Stevie Wonder - Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I'm Yours)
- Clarence Carter - Patches
- Ronnie Dyson - (If You Let Me Make Love To You Then) Why Can't I Touch You
- Diana Ross - Ain't No Mountain High Enough
- Chicago - 25 Or 6 To 4
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?