Tuesday 24 August 1971
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Rémi Féraud and Pierfrancesco Favino.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to How Can You Mend A Broken Heart by Bee Gees.
In UK I'm Still Waiting by Diana Ross was in the top 5 hits.
Deep End, directed by Jerzy Skolimowski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Hei-Wi-Tip-Top.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Galaxy Game or The Oregon Trail.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 August 1971!
Which were the important events of 24 August 1971 ?
- Liberia: Flag Day
- RC Saints - Feast day of Saint Bartholomew
- Roman festivals - first of the 3 days on which the mundus was opened
- Ukraine: National Holiday, independence from Russia (1991)
- Sierra Leone: President's Birthday
- Rémi Féraud: French politician, the mayor of the 10th arrondissement of Paris since 2008.
- Pierfrancesco Favino: Italian actor.
- India beat England by 4 wickets, their win against the Poms
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bee Gees - How Can You Mend A Broken Heart
- John Denver - Take Me Home, Country Roads
- Five Man Electrical Band - Signs
- Marvin Gaye - Mercy Mercy Me (The Ecology)
- Jean Knight - Mr. Big Stuff
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Sweet Hitch-Hiker
- Three Dog Night - Liar
- The Undisputed Truth - Smiling Faces Sometimes
- Aretha Franklin - Spanish Harlem
- Donny Osmond - Go Away Little Girl
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?