Thursday 24 August 1995
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Wenwen Han and Sina Ozer.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Kiss From A Rose by Seal.
In UK Never Forget by Take That was in the top 5 hits.
Desperado, directed by Robert Rodriguez, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1995
while From Potter's Field by Patricia Cornwell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Clinic.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing ClayFighter 2: Judgment Clay or Donkey Kong Land.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 August 1995!
Which were the important events of 24 August 1995 ?
- Liberia: Flag Day
- RC Saints - Feast day of Saint Bartholomew
- Roman festivals - first of the 3 days on which the mundus was opened
- Ukraine: National Holiday, independence from Russia (1991)
- Sierra Leone: President's Birthday
Famous Birthdays:24 August
- Fire that wipes 6,000 acres begins in Hamptons on Long Island
- Microsoft releases the Windows 95 operating system. This is the first consumer Windows version that does not require MS-DOS pre-installed. New features include integrated TCP/IP stack, dial-up networking, and long filenames. The software comprises over 11 million lines of code. The US$250 million publicity campaign includes US$12 million for the rights to the "Start Me Up" song by the Rolling Stones. This is the biggest marketing extravaganza for a consumer product ever. First day sales total
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1995 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?