Sunday 24 December 1905, Christmas Eve
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Konung Haakons mottagning i Kristiania, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1905
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1905.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 December 1905!
Which were the important events of 24 December 1905 ?
- December 24 is celebrated as the day before Christmas, thus called Christmas Eve.
- It is the day when food is traditionally set out for Santa Claus and his reindeer. Children around the world are urged to go to bed early so they are not awake when he arrives.
- In Hungary, Finland, Denmark, Sweden, Iceland, Norway, the Czech Republic and Slovakia among others, this is the day that presents are exchanged and opened.
- The Declaration of Christmas Peace takes place in the Old Great Square of Turku, Finland's official Christmas City, according to old traditions dating back to the Middle Ages.
- Anna "Ans": van Dike ("the Young") Jewish nazi collaborator.
- Bodo Borries: German engineer, physicist.
- George Legros: American writer, poet, teacher and astrologer.
- Comte Leusse: French diplomat, chairman of french television.
- Etienne Mattler: French international footballer, nicknamed Le Lion de Belfort.
- Eugene Mattler: France sport Champion
- Gustave Leroy: France Military man
- Howard Hughes: American film producer and inventor (d. 1976)
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1905 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Everybody Works but Father - Lew Dockstader
- Everybody Works but Father - Billy Murray
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in December 1905?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?