Saturday 24 December 1910, Christmas Eve
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Copenhagen by Night, directed by Frederik Jensen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1910
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1910.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 December 1910!
Which were the important events of 24 December 1910 ?
- December 24 is celebrated as the day before Christmas, thus called Christmas Eve.
- It is the day when food is traditionally set out for Santa Claus and his reindeer. Children around the world are urged to go to bed early so they are not awake when he arrives.
- In Hungary, Finland, Denmark, Sweden, Iceland, Norway, the Czech Republic and Slovakia among others, this is the day that presents are exchanged and opened.
- The Declaration of Christmas Peace takes place in the Old Great Square of Turku, Finland's official Christmas City, according to old traditions dating back to the Middle Ages.
- Betty Ann Davies: London, England -- Actress (Tough Guy).
- Fritz [Reuter] Leiber Jr: United States -- Sci-fi author (Bazaar of the Bizarre).
- Mitchell Ayres: Milwaukee, Wisconsin -- Orchestra leader (Hollywood Palace).
- Paul Crespelle: Nogent sur Marne Journalist.
- Ellen Braumüller: German javelin thrower and triathlete (d. 1991).
- Fritz Leiber: American author and poet (d. 1992)
- Max Miedinger: typeface designer, famous for creating Helvetica in 1957. (d. 1980)
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1910 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Play That Barber-Shop Chord - Bert Williams
- Every Little Movement - Henry Burr & Elise Stevenson
- Play That Barber-Shop Chord - American Quartet
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in December 1910?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?