Tuesday 24 December 1912
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Call of the Bush, directed by Charles Woods, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1912.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 December 1912!
Which were the important events of 24 December 1912 ?
- December 24 is celebrated as the day before Christmas, thus called Christmas Eve.
- It is the day when food is traditionally set out for Santa Claus and his reindeer. Children around the world are urged to go to bed early so they are not awake when he arrives.
- In Hungary, Finland, Denmark, Sweden, Iceland, Norway, the Czech Republic and Slovakia among others, this is the day that presents are exchanged and opened.
- The Declaration of Christmas Peace takes place in the Old Great Square of Turku, Finland's official Christmas City, according to old traditions dating back to the Middle Ages.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 24 December
- Irving Fisher patents archiving system with index cards.
- Merck files patent applications in Germany for synthesis of the entactogenic drug MDMA (''Ecstasy''), developed by Anton Köllisch.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1912 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- That's How I Need You - Henry Burr
- Silent Night, Hallowed Night - Elsie Baker
- I'd Love to Live in Loveland with a Girl Like You - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- Sardinia March - Sousa's Band
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in December 1912?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?