Friday 24 December 1920, Christmas Eve
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dave Bartholomew and Bruno Dozzini.
Outside the Law, directed by Tod Browning, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 December 1920!
Which were the important events of 24 December 1920 ?
- December 24 is celebrated as the day before Christmas, thus called Christmas Eve.
- It is the day when food is traditionally set out for Santa Claus and his reindeer. Children around the world are urged to go to bed early so they are not awake when he arrives.
- In Hungary, Finland, Denmark, Sweden, Iceland, Norway, the Czech Republic and Slovakia among others, this is the day that presents are exchanged and opened.
- The Declaration of Christmas Peace takes place in the Old Great Square of Turku, Finland's official Christmas City, according to old traditions dating back to the Middle Ages.
- Dave Bartholomew: Louisiana, United States -- Jazz artist / songwriter (Blueberry Hill).
- Bruno Dozzini: Italian poet.
- Déro : French political cartoonist and caricaturist.
- Franco Lucentini: Italian writer, the author of bestseller thrillers together with Carlo Fruttero.
- Rene Valmy: France sport Champion.
- Yevgeniya Rudneva: Ukrainian-Russian lieutenant and navigator (d. 1944)
- Enrico Caruso gives his last public performance (New York City, New York).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 24 December 1920
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1920 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Whispering - Art Hickman & His Orchestra
- The Argentines, the Portugese, and the Greeks - Nora Bayes
- You're the Only Girl That Made Me Cry - Henry Burr
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?