Sunday 24 December 1922
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Peg o' My Heart, directed by King Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1922.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 December 1922!
Which were the important events of 24 December 1922 ?
- December 24 is celebrated as the day before Christmas, thus called Christmas Eve.
- It is the day when food is traditionally set out for Santa Claus and his reindeer. Children around the world are urged to go to bed early so they are not awake when he arrives.
- In Hungary, Finland, Denmark, Sweden, Iceland, Norway, the Czech Republic and Slovakia among others, this is the day that presents are exchanged and opened.
- The Declaration of Christmas Peace takes place in the Old Great Square of Turku, Finland's official Christmas City, according to old traditions dating back to the Middle Ages.
- Job Roos: Netherlands sport Champion.
- Zé Carreiro: Brazilian singer, a pioneer of the sertanejo/caipira style.
- Ava Gardner: American actress, onscreen from 1941 in a career of more than 60 movies.
- BBC sends first British radio play "Truth about Father Christmas".
- London Coloseum opens.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1922 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?