Monday 24 December 1923, Christmas Eve
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include George Patton IV and Wilton S.
Black Oxen, directed by Frank Lloyd, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 December 1923!
Which were the important events of 24 December 1923 ?
- December 24 is celebrated as the day before Christmas, thus called Christmas Eve.
- It is the day when food is traditionally set out for Santa Claus and his reindeer. Children around the world are urged to go to bed early so they are not awake when he arrives.
- In Hungary, Finland, Denmark, Sweden, Iceland, Norway, the Czech Republic and Slovakia among others, this is the day that presents are exchanged and opened.
- The Declaration of Christmas Peace takes place in the Old Great Square of Turku, Finland's official Christmas City, according to old traditions dating back to the Middle Ages.
- George Patton IV: American general (d. 2004).
- Wilton S: Mkwayi in South Africa; African National Congress leader.
- Gabriel Blancher: French physician.
- David Kelly: Scottish music teacher and principal bass player for the Royal Opera House, Convent Garden from 1954.
- Michael DiBiase: American pro wrestler (Born 1923).
- George Patton: American general (d. 2004)
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1923 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- My Sweetie Went Away - Billy Murray & Ed Smalle
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?