Tuesday 24 December 1929, Christmas Eve
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Sunnyside Up, directed by David Butler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1929.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 December 1929!
Which were the important events of 24 December 1929 ?
- December 24 is celebrated as the day before Christmas, thus called Christmas Eve.
- It is the day when food is traditionally set out for Santa Claus and his reindeer. Children around the world are urged to go to bed early so they are not awake when he arrives.
- In Hungary, Finland, Denmark, Sweden, Iceland, Norway, the Czech Republic and Slovakia among others, this is the day that presents are exchanged and opened.
- The Declaration of Christmas Peace takes place in the Old Great Square of Turku, Finland's official Christmas City, according to old traditions dating back to the Middle Ages.
- Noel Da Costa: Composer.
- Jean-Joseph Cohen: French journalist and media owner.
- Marcel Ranvial: France sport Champion.
- Philip Ziegler: English historian and author.
- Assassination attempt on Argentine President Hipolito Yrigoyen.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1929 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Chant of the Jungle - Roy Ingraham & His Orchestra
- Ruth Etting - More Than You Know
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?