Wednesday 24 December 1952
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
In UK Here In My Heart by Al Martino was in the top 5 hits.
My Cousin Rachel, directed by Henry Koster, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while East Of Eden by John Steinbeck was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1952.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 December 1952!
Which were the important events of 24 December 1952 ?
- December 24 is celebrated as the day before Christmas, thus called Christmas Eve.
- It is the day when food is traditionally set out for Santa Claus and his reindeer. Children around the world are urged to go to bed early so they are not awake when he arrives.
- In Hungary, Finland, Denmark, Sweden, Iceland, Norway, the Czech Republic and Slovakia among others, this is the day that presents are exchanged and opened.
- The Declaration of Christmas Peace takes place in the Old Great Square of Turku, Finland's official Christmas City, according to old traditions dating back to the Middle Ages.
- Christopher Buckley: American author and political commentator.
- Henry A "Hans" Kramers: Dutch theoretical physicist, dies at age 58.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1952 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus - Spike Jones & His City Slickers
- The Night Before Christmas Song - Rosemary Clooney & Gene Autry
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?