Saturday 24 December 1977, Christmas Eve
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michael Raymond-James and Gil Seong-joon.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to How Deep Is Your Love by Bee Gees.
In UK Mull Of Kintyre / Girl's School by Wings was in the top 5 hits.
High Anxiety, directed by Mel Brooks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1977
while The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Slisse & Cesar.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Triple Hunt or Video Olympics.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 December 1977!
Which were the important events of 24 December 1977 ?
- December 24 is celebrated as the day before Christmas, thus called Christmas Eve.
- It is the day when food is traditionally set out for Santa Claus and his reindeer. Children around the world are urged to go to bed early so they are not awake when he arrives.
- In Hungary, Finland, Denmark, Sweden, Iceland, Norway, the Czech Republic and Slovakia among others, this is the day that presents are exchanged and opened.
- The Declaration of Christmas Peace takes place in the Old Great Square of Turku, Finland's official Christmas City, according to old traditions dating back to the Middle Ages.
Famous Birthdays:24 December
- Samael Aun Weor: Columbian writer (Born 1917).
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1977 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bee Gees - How Deep Is Your Love
- Debby Boone - You Light Up My Life
- Linda Ronstadt - Blue Bayou
- L.T.D. - (Every Time I Turn Around) Back In Love Again
- Linda Ronstadt - It's So Easy
- Player - Baby Come Back
- Crystal Gayle - Don't It Make My Brown Eyes Blue
- Dolly Parton - Here You Come Again
- Bob Welch - Sentimental Lady
- Paul Simon - Slip Slidin' Away
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?