Saturday 24 December 1983
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Say Say Say by Paul McCartney.
In UK Only You by The Flying Pickets was in the top 5 hits.
Silkwood, directed by Mike Nichols, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while Pet Sematary by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1983.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 December 1983!
Which were the important events of 24 December 1983 ?
- December 24 is celebrated as the day before Christmas, thus called Christmas Eve.
- It is the day when food is traditionally set out for Santa Claus and his reindeer. Children around the world are urged to go to bed early so they are not awake when he arrives.
- In Hungary, Finland, Denmark, Sweden, Iceland, Norway, the Czech Republic and Slovakia among others, this is the day that presents are exchanged and opened.
- The Declaration of Christmas Peace takes place in the Old Great Square of Turku, Finland's official Christmas City, according to old traditions dating back to the Middle Ages.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul McCartney - Say Say Say
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Say It Isn't So
- Duran Duran - Union Of The Snake
- Yes - Owner Of A Lonely Heart
- Lionel Richie - All Night Long (All Night)
- Billy Joel - Uptown Girl
- Pat Benatar - Love Is A Battlefield
- Olivia Newton-John - Twist Of Fate
- The Rolling Stones - Undercover Of The Night
- Matthew Wilder - Break My Stride
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?