Saturday 24 December 1994, Christmas Eve
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Miguel Castro .
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Here Comes The Hotstepper by Ini Kamoze.
In UK Stay Another Day by East 17 was in the top 5 hits.
Street Fighter, directed by Steven E. de Souza, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1994
while Crossing the Threshold of Hope by His Holiness John Paul II was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Otvorena vrata.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dragon's Lair II: Time Warp or Angelique.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 December 1994!
Which were the important events of 24 December 1994 ?
- December 24 is celebrated as the day before Christmas, thus called Christmas Eve.
- It is the day when food is traditionally set out for Santa Claus and his reindeer. Children around the world are urged to go to bed early so they are not awake when he arrives.
- In Hungary, Finland, Denmark, Sweden, Iceland, Norway, the Czech Republic and Slovakia among others, this is the day that presents are exchanged and opened.
- The Declaration of Christmas Peace takes place in the Old Great Square of Turku, Finland's official Christmas City, according to old traditions dating back to the Middle Ages.
- Miguel Castro: Dominican baseball player.
- Jimmy Buddy Lee Land Ace: Singer, dies at 57.
- Julie Haydon [Donella Donaldson]: US actress (Scoundrel), dies at age 84.
- Louise H "Lous" Hensen: Actress (Uncle Wanja, Charlotte), dies at 74.
- John Keith Wright: English Assistant Secretary of State (1971-84), dies at age 66.
- John James Osborne (Entertainer Luther): playwright, dies of cardiac arrest at age 65.
- John Eastburn Boswell: medievalist, dies at age 47.
- Nathan I Daniel: inventor (Guitars), dies at age 82.
- Rossano Brazzi: Italian actor internationally known from 1949. A handsome romantic lead, he was a star in Italy from the '40s, often cast in aristocratic roles. His American films include his debut in "Little Women,"1949, It was his role in "The Barefoot Contessa," 1954, that made him a star specializing in roles as a Latin lover or well-heeled playboy. He played in over 200 films, most of them made in the U.S. in the '50s and '60s, films that included "Summertime," 1955 and "South Pacific," 1958.
- John Osborne: England, United Kingdom -- Playwright (Look Back in Anger, Luther-TONY 1964)
- 4 Moslem fundamentalists capture Air France pilot in Algiers
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1994 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?