Sunday 24 December 1995
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic). In that special week of December people in US were listening to One Sweet Day by Mariah Carey.
In UK Cotton Eye Joe by Rednex was in the top 5 hits.
Dead Man Walking, directed by Tim Robbins, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1995
while The Christmas Box by Richard Paul Evans was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1995.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 December 1995!
Which were the important events of 24 December 1995 ?
- December 24 is celebrated as the day before Christmas, thus called Christmas Eve.
- It is the day when food is traditionally set out for Santa Claus and his reindeer. Children around the world are urged to go to bed early so they are not awake when he arrives.
- In Hungary, Finland, Denmark, Sweden, Iceland, Norway, the Czech Republic and Slovakia among others, this is the day that presents are exchanged and opened.
- The Declaration of Christmas Peace takes place in the Old Great Square of Turku, Finland's official Christmas City, according to old traditions dating back to the Middle Ages.
- Anett Kontaveit: Estonian tennis player.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1995 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 songs in the UK
- Rednex - Cotton Eye Joe
- Michael Jackson - Earth Song
- Celine Dion - Think Twice
- Boyzone - Father And Son
- Boyzone - Love Me For A Reason
- Robson & Jerome - I Believe / Up On The Roof
- East 17 - Stay Another Day
- Coolio featuring LV - Gangsta's Paradise
- Ini Kamoze - Here Comes The Hotstepper
- Everything But The Girl - Missing
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?