Tuesday 24 December 1996, Christmas Eve
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mackenzie Marie .
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Un-Break My Heart by Toni Braxton.
Scream, directed by Wes Craven, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1996
while The Book of Ruth by Jane Hamilton was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Abuse or Fighters Megamix.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 December 1996!
Which were the important events of 24 December 1996 ?
- December 24 is celebrated as the day before Christmas, thus called Christmas Eve.
- It is the day when food is traditionally set out for Santa Claus and his reindeer. Children around the world are urged to go to bed early so they are not awake when he arrives.
- In Hungary, Finland, Denmark, Sweden, Iceland, Norway, the Czech Republic and Slovakia among others, this is the day that presents are exchanged and opened.
- The Declaration of Christmas Peace takes place in the Old Great Square of Turku, Finland's official Christmas City, according to old traditions dating back to the Middle Ages.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 24 December 1996
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1996 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Toni Braxton - Un-Break My Heart
- R. Kelly - I Believe I Can Fly
- En Vogue - Don't Let Go (Love)
- BLACKstreet - No Diggity
- Keith Sweat - Nobody
- Merril Bainbridge - Mouth
- Whitney Houston - I Believe In You And Me
- Celine Dion - It's All Coming Back To Me Now
- New Edition - I'm Still In Love With You
- Barbra Streisand - I Finally Found Someone
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?