Wednesday 24 February 1909
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
I tre moschettieri, directed by Mario Caserini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1909.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 February 1909!
Which were the important events of 24 February 1909 ?
- Independence Day in Estonia (1918; the Soviet period is considered illegal annexation).
- Flag Day in MTxico.
- St. Sergius
- Dragobete in Romania.
- St. Matthias
- St. Modest
- St. Edelbert
- Blessed Ameel of Ter Duinen
- Regifugium, in the Roman calendar.
- Riccardo Freda: Egyptian-Italian director and screenwriter (d. 1999).
- Jean Yves: Morvan Marin broadcaster.
- Michael Francis: Morris Lindsay orientalist.
- Jean Marin: French military officer in the navy, 1930-38 and reporter, from 1939.
- Guillaume Le Bigot: Lorient Military man.
- Robert Ramillon: France sport Champion
- Bob Ramillon: French tennis professional player of the 1930s and winner of the French Pro in 1932. He also played in the finals in 1931 and 1936.
- August William Derleth: Sauk City, Wisconsin -- Writer (Judge Peck Mysteries)
- Max Black: Dutch / British / US philosopher (analytical philosophy)
- August Derleth: American editor, anthropologist; publisher and horror fantasy writer. He began writing at 13 and was published from age 15, some 100 books and 4,000 shorter pieces in 400 magazines. A fan of H.P. Lovecraft himself, he writes stories of the supernatural, mysteries, novels, poetry, weird fiction and sci-fi.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1909 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Good Evening, Caroline - Billy Murray
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in February 1909?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?