Wednesday 24 February 1909
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include August William Derleth and Max Black.
I tre moschettieri, directed by Mario Caserini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 February 1909!
Which were the important events of 24 February 1909 ?
- Independence Day in Estonia (1918; the Soviet period is considered illegal annexation).
- Flag Day in MTxico.
- St. Sergius
- Dragobete in Romania.
- St. Matthias
- St. Modest
- St. Edelbert
- Blessed Ameel of Ter Duinen
- Regifugium, in the Roman calendar.
- August William Derleth: Sauk City, Wisconsin -- Writer (Judge Peck Mysteries).
- Max Black: Dutch / British / US philosopher (analytical philosophy).
- Jean Yves: Morvan Marin broadcaster.
- Michael Francis: Morris Lindsay orientalist.
- August Derleth: American editor, anthropologist; publisher and horror fantasy writer.
- Jean Marin: French military officer in the navy, 1930-38 and reporter, from 1939. He is the famous WW II voice of the B.B.C.
- Bob Ramillon: French tennis professional player of the 1930s and winner of the French Pro in 1932. He also played in the finals in 1931 and 1936.
- Robert Ramillon: France sport Champion
- Guillaume Le Bigot: Lorient Military man
- Riccardo Freda: Egyptian-Italian director and screenwriter (d. 1999)
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1909 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Good Evening, Caroline - Billy Murray
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in February 1909?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?