Tuesday 24 February 1931
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Inge Bernstein and Lev Vasilyevich Vorobyov.
The Adventures of Prince Achmed, directed by Lotte Reiniger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 February 1931!
Which were the important events of 24 February 1931 ?
- Independence Day in Estonia (1918; the Soviet period is considered illegal annexation).
- Flag Day in MTxico.
- St. Sergius
- Dragobete in Romania.
- St. Matthias
- St. Modest
- St. Edelbert
- Blessed Ameel of Ter Duinen
- Regifugium, in the Roman calendar.
- Inge Bernstein: British judge.
- Lev Vasilyevich Vorobyov: Russia -- Cosmonaut.
- Maezumi Hakuyu Taizan Koun: Teacher Rinzai / Soto lines of Zen Buddhism.
- Marta Marzotto: Italy -- Countess.
- James Abourezk: American lawyer and politician, Democratic Senator from San Diego, CA.
- Jack Bordier: French film producer.
- Linda Cristal: Argentinean-American actress who played leading roles in Mexican films from age 16, entering Hollywood from the mid-'50s in film and TV. She was an orphan at 13 and learned early to fend for herself. Her films include "The Alamo," 1960 and "Panic in the City," 1968; TV included "The High Chaparral."
- John Georges: American administrator, chemical engineer and CEO of International Paper, a forest products manufacturing giant. Quiet and analytical, Georges has a BS in Chemical Engineering and an MS in Business Administration. He is an avid sailor in his leisure time.
- Dominic Chianese: American actor
- Brian Close: English cricketer and coach (d. 2015)
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?