Friday 24 February 1933
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include David Newman and Leon Van Daele.
Mystery of the Wax Museum, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 February 1933!
Which were the important events of 24 February 1933 ?
- Independence Day in Estonia (1918; the Soviet period is considered illegal annexation).
- Flag Day in MTxico.
- St. Sergius
- Dragobete in Romania.
- St. Matthias
- St. Modest
- St. Edelbert
- Blessed Ameel of Ter Duinen
- Regifugium, in the Roman calendar.
- David Newman: American jazz saxophonist.
- Leon Van Daele: Belgium sport Champion.
- Judah Folkman: American physician and biologist (d. 2008).
- Ali Mazrui: Kenyan-American political scientist philosopher and academic (d. 2014).
- : American saxophonist and composer (d. 2009).
- Spottiswoode Aitken: Actor (Eagle, Home Sweet Home), dies at 64.
- In Stratford, Texas, a bright fireball is seen in the sky, falling as a 4-pound metallic meteorite.
- Final demonstration of German communist party in Berlin.
- League of Nations tells Japanese to pull out of Manchuria.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 24 February 1933
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?