Saturday 24 February 1934
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
It Happened One Night, directed by Frank Capra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1934.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 February 1934!
Which were the important events of 24 February 1934 ?
- Independence Day in Estonia (1918; the Soviet period is considered illegal annexation).
- Flag Day in MTxico.
- St. Sergius
- Dragobete in Romania.
- St. Matthias
- St. Modest
- St. Edelbert
- Blessed Ameel of Ter Duinen
- Regifugium, in the Roman calendar.
- Flemming Nielsen: Denmark -- Soccer player (1960 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Frank Chapot: United States -- Equestrian (1960, 72 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Linda Cristal: Buenos Aires, Argentina -- Actress (Victoria-High Chapparal).
- Shuko Mizuno: Composer.
- Georges Fages: France sport Champion.
- Bernard Chiarelli:
- Renata Scotto: Italian operatic diva who was known internationally for her concert tours and records. She made her Milan debut in 1953 as "Violetta," winning immediate recognition as an outstanding lyric-coloratura soprano. She matured into a dramatic soprano of intelligence and a persuasive actress, making her London debut in 1957 and Metropolitan Opera House debut in 1965. She published her autobiography in October 1984 called, "More Than A Diva," with Octavio Roca.
- Bettino Craxi: Italian politician, head of the Italian Socialist Party from 1976 to 1993 and Prime Minister of Italy from 1983 to 1987. He was the first member of the PSI to hold the office, as well as the third Prime Minister from a socialist party.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?