Saturday 24 February 1951
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Operation Pacific, directed by George Waggner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while Joy Street by Frances Parkinson Keyes was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 February 1951!
Which were the important events of 24 February 1951 ?
- Independence Day in Estonia (1918; the Soviet period is considered illegal annexation).
- Flag Day in MTxico.
- St. Sergius
- Dragobete in Romania.
- St. Matthias
- St. Modest
- St. Edelbert
- Blessed Ameel of Ter Duinen
- Regifugium, in the Roman calendar.
- John Ogonowski: American pilot of American Airlines flight No.
- Dale O'Brien: American astrologer, speaker, teacher, writer, entertainer.
- David Ford: Northern Irish social worker and politician.
- Laimdota Straujuma: Latvian economist and politician 12th Prime Minister of Latvia.
- Debra Jo Rupp: American actress.
- Helen Shaver: Canadian-American live theater, film and TV actress whose work is highly praised. Her films include "Desert Hearts," "In Praise of Older Women" and "The Color of Money," 1986.
- Debra Rupp: TV Actress
- Tony Holiday: German singer (d. 1990)
- Bless You All closes at Mark Hellinger Theater NYC after 84 performances
- Ice Pairs Championship at Milan won by Ria Baran and Paul Falk of Germany.
- Ladies Figure Skating Championship in Milan won by Jeanette Altwegg of Great Britain.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1951 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Patti Page - Mockin' Bird Hill
- You're Just In Love - Dinah Shore
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 24 February 1951 and get them!