Thursday 24 February 1955
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Softly Softly by Ruby Murray was in the top 5 hits.
The Wages of Fear, directed by Henri-Georges Clouzot, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The View From Pompey'S Head by Hamilton Basso was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1955.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 February 1955!
Which were the important events of 24 February 1955 ?
- Independence Day in Estonia (1918; the Soviet period is considered illegal annexation).
- Flag Day in MTxico.
- St. Sergius
- Dragobete in Romania.
- St. Matthias
- St. Modest
- St. Edelbert
- Blessed Ameel of Ter Duinen
- Regifugium, in the Roman calendar.
- Bob Abrams: Ohio, United States -- Rocker (Buckinghams).
- Eddie Johnson: American basketball player.
- Alain Prost: French car racer, the most successful driver ever in history, a driver of Formula-1 vehicles.
- Stella Carnacina: Italian film actress and singer.
- Eddie L Johnson: retired American professional basketball player and sex offender.
- Steve Jobs: American entrepreneur, one of the originators of the computer revolution, co-founder of Apple Computer Corporation and Pixar Animation Studios.
- Silk Stockings opens at Imperial Theater NYC for 461 performances
- Pact of Baghdad between Iraq and Turkey signed
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1955 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?