Thursday 24 February 1972
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ron Davis and Larry Amar in Camarillo.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Without You by Nilsson.
In UK Son Of My Father by Chicory Tip was in the top 5 hits.
Cabaret, directed by Bob Fosse, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while The Winds Of War by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching I geitonia mas.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Empire or Hunt the Wumpus.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 February 1972!
Which were the important events of 24 February 1972 ?
- Independence Day in Estonia (1918; the Soviet period is considered illegal annexation).
- Flag Day in MTxico.
- St. Sergius
- Dragobete in Romania.
- St. Matthias
- St. Modest
- St. Edelbert
- Blessed Ameel of Ter Duinen
- Regifugium, in the Roman calendar.
- Ron Davis: NFL cornerback (Atlanta Falcons, Green Bay Packers - Super Bowl 31).
- Larry Amar in Camarillo: California, USA; field hockey midfielder/captain (Olympics-1996).
- Patricia Regan Leines in Medford: Oregon, USA; Miss Oregon-America (1996-third).
- Manon Rheaume in Lac Beauport: QuTbec, Canada; first female NHL player (Tampa Bay Lightning).
- Pooja Bhatt: Movie Actress.
- North Vietnamese negotiators walk out of the Paris Peace Talks to protest U.S. air raids.
- A coal sludge spill kills 125 people in Buffalo Creek, West Virginia.
- ''Luna 20'' comes back to Earth with 55nbspgrams (1.94nbspoz) of lunar soil.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 24 February 1972
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Nilsson - Without You
- Carpenters - Hurting Each Other
- Climax - Precious And Few
- Al Green - Let's Stay Together
- The Osmonds - Down By The Lazy River
- Apollo 100 - Joy
- Robert John - The Lion Sleeps Tonight (Wimoweh) (Mbube)
- Bread - Everything I Own
- Don McLean - American Pie (Parts 1 and 2)
- Carole King - Sweet Seasons
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?