Monday 24 February 1986
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Kyrie by Mr. Mister.
In UK When The Going Gets Tough (The Tough Get Going) by Billy Ocean was in the top 5 hits.
House, directed by Steve Miner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1986
while Lie Down With Lions by Ken Follett was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 February 1986!
Which were the important events of 24 February 1986 ?
- Independence Day in Estonia (1918; the Soviet period is considered illegal annexation).
- Flag Day in MTxico.
- St. Sergius
- Dragobete in Romania.
- St. Matthias
- St. Modest
- St. Edelbert
- Blessed Ameel of Ter Duinen
- Regifugium, in the Roman calendar.
- Wojtek Wolski: Polish-Canadian ice hockey player.
- Sébastien Rouault: French swimmer, he won two gold medals at the European championships, on 800m and 1500m (freestyle).
- Dre Davis: TV Actress.
- Bryce Papenbrook: Voice Actor.
- Texas Air buys Eastern Airlines for US$676 million.
- Voyager 2, first Uranus fly-by.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1986 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Mr. Mister - Kyrie
- Whitney Houston - How Will I Know
- Starship - Sara
- Heart - These Dreams
- Billy Ocean - When The Going Gets Tough, The Tough Get Going
- Atlantic Starr - Secret Lovers
- James Brown - Living In America
- Sade - The Sweetest Taboo
- Mike + The Mechanics - Silent Running
- The Dream Academy - Life In A Northern Town
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 24 February 1986 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?