Wednesday 24 February 1988
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alexander Koch and Emma Hayman.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Father Figure by George Michael.
In UK I Should Be So Lucky by Kylie Minogue was in the top 5 hits.
Frantic, directed by Roman Polanski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while The Bonfire Of The Vanities by Tom Wolfe was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Fear.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing 5th Gear or Last Armageddon.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 February 1988!
Which were the important events of 24 February 1988 ?
- Independence Day in Estonia (1918; the Soviet period is considered illegal annexation).
- Flag Day in MTxico.
- St. Sergius
- Dragobete in Romania.
- St. Matthias
- St. Modest
- St. Edelbert
- Blessed Ameel of Ter Duinen
- Regifugium, in the Roman calendar.
Famous Birthdays:24 February
- Irwan Chanin: US theater builder, dies at age 96.
- Supreme Ct votes 8-0 Jerry Falwell cannot collect for Hustler parody
- South African apartheid regime bans the United Democratic Front.
- Matti Nykanen becomes winter Olympics first triple gold medalist.
- The Supreme Court of the United States sides with Hustler magazine (voting 8-0) by overturning a lower court decision to award Jerry Falwell US$200,000 for defamation.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 24 February 1988
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- George Michael - Father Figure
- Pet Shop Boys - What Have I Done To Deserve This
- Patrick Swayze - She's Like The Wind
- Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up
- Eric Carmen - Hungry Eyes
- Expose - Seasons Change
- Foreigner - Say You Will
- Belinda Carlisle - I Get Weak
- Paul Carrack - Don't Shed A Tear
- Gloria Estefan - Can't Stay Away From You
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?