Saturday 24 February 1990
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Opposites Attract by Paula Abdul.
In UK Nothing Compares 2 U by Sinead O'Connor was in the top 5 hits.
The Hunt for Red October, directed by John McTiernan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1990
while Devices And Desires by P. D. James was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1990.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 February 1990!
Which were the important events of 24 February 1990 ?
- Independence Day in Estonia (1918; the Soviet period is considered illegal annexation).
- Flag Day in MTxico.
- St. Sergius
- Dragobete in Romania.
- St. Matthias
- St. Modest
- St. Edelbert
- Blessed Ameel of Ter Duinen
- Regifugium, in the Roman calendar.
Famous Birthdays:24 February
- Malcolm Forbes: CEO (Forbes Publishing), dies of a heart attack at age 70 (born 1919).
- Tony Conigliaro: American athlete, pro baseball player for the Boston Red Sox, outfielder and right handed batter who suffered multiple injuries that cut short an illustrious career.
- Johnnie Ray: American singer and songwriter of the pre-Elvis '50s, who specialized in heavy emoting with songs that earned him the title of Prince of Wails.
- Sandro Pertini: Italian Socialist President, sworn in 9 July 1978, succeeding Giovanni Leone.
- Beth Daniel wins LPGA Orix Hawaiian Ladies Golf Open.
- The Lithuanian Soviet Socialist Republic holds the first democratic election in the history of the Soviet Union.
- The Sandinistas are defeated in the Nicaraguan elections, with Violeta Chamorro elected as the new president of Nicaragua, replacing Daniel Ortega.
- The USSR agrees to withdraw all 73,500 troops from Czechoslovakia by July, 1991.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1990 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?