Saturday 24 February 2007
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Say It Right by Nelly Furtado.
In UK Grace Kelly by Mika was in the top 5 hits.
Death at a Funeral, directed by Frank Oz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The Measure of a Man: A Spiritual Autobiography by Sidney Poitier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 February 2007!
Which were the important events of 24 February 2007 ?
- Independence Day in Estonia (1918; the Soviet period is considered illegal annexation).
- Flag Day in MTxico.
- St. Sergius
- Dragobete in Romania.
- St. Matthias
- St. Modest
- St. Edelbert
- Blessed Ameel of Ter Duinen
- Regifugium, in the Roman calendar.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 24 February
- Japan launches its fourth spy satellite, stepping up its ability to monitor potential threats such as North Korea.
- The Virginia General Assembly votes unanimously in favor of a motion expressing ampquotprofound regretampquot for Virginia's role in promoting slavery, which is the first apology for slavery passed by a U.S. state legislature. (AP via Boston Globe)
- Thousands of people in Madrid, Spain, protest a decision by the Supreme Court to reduce the sentence served by Basque separatist Iñaki de Juana Chaos, who has been on a hunger strike for 110 days. (BBC)
- Iraq War: At least 39 people are killed and 61 injured as a car bomb explodes at a mosque in Habbaniya. (CNN)
- The official inquiry into the Grayrigg rail crash starts with early investigations focusing on a set of points. (BBC)
- Vice President of the United States Dick Cheney warns Iran that ampquotall options are on the tableampquot if it continues to defy the international community about its nuclear program. (AP via Jerusalem Post)
- Mario Chanes de Armas, one of the leaders in the Cuban revolution dies, 80 years old. After breaking with Castros authoritarian leadership, he was imprisoned for 30 years, longer than any other political prisoner anywhere. (New York Times)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Fergie - Glamorous
- Nelly Furtado - Say It Right
- Justin Timberlake - What Goes Around…Comes Around
- Fall Out Boy - This Ain't A Scene, It's An Arms Race
- Gwen Stefani - The Sweet Escape
- Ludacris - Runaway Love
- Daughtry - It's Not Over
- Cupid's Chokehold/Breakfast In America - Gym Class Heroes
- Beyonce - Irreplaceable
- Akon - I Wanna Love You
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 24 February 2007 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?