Sunday 24 February 2008
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Low by Flo Rida.
In UK Now You're Gone by Basshunter featuring DJ Mental Theo's Bazzheadz was in the top 5 hits.
Step Up 2: The Streets, directed by Jon M. Chu, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while The Appeal by John Grisham was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Nadaniyaan.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Brain Quest Grades 3 & 4 or Chronicles of Mystery: The Scorpio Ritual.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 February 2008!
Which were the important events of 24 February 2008 ?
- Independence Day in Estonia (1918; the Soviet period is considered illegal annexation).
- Flag Day in MTxico.
- St. Sergius
- Dragobete in Romania.
- St. Matthias
- St. Modest
- St. Edelbert
- Blessed Ameel of Ter Duinen
- Regifugium, in the Roman calendar.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 24 February
- Larry Norman: American musician, singer, songwriter and producer (Born 1947).
- Electronic Arts video game company makes a hostile bid of US$2 billion for Take-Two.
- The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences holds its 80th Annual Academy Awards ceremony. Best Movie: No Country For Old Men
- Fidel Castro retires as the President of Cuba after nearly fifty years.
- March–April – Rising food and fuel prices trigger riots and unrest in the Third World.
- 80th Academy Awards:
- Marion Cotillard wins the Academy Award for best actress for her portrayal of Edith Piaf in ''La Vie en Rose'', while Daniel Day-Lewis takes home the Academy Award for Best Actor for his role in ''There Will Be Blood''. (News Limited)
- A Virgin Atlantic Boeing 747 becomes the first commercial aircraft to make a flight powered by biofuel flying between Heathrow and Amsterdam. (CNN)
- Ralph Nader enters the 2008 United States presidential election as an independent candidate. (CNN)
- The Ugandan government and the Lord's Resistance Army sign a permanent ceasefire. (BBC News)
- Pakistani censors cause most of the Earth's Internet users to lose access to the Internet site YouTube for up to two hours. (AP via Google News)
- Tottenham Hotspur Football Club win the 2008 League Cup after beating Chelsea FC 2-1 after extra time. (''The Herald'')
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 24 February 2008
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2008 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?