Tuesday 24 February 2009
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Right Round by Flo Rida.
He's Just Not That Into You, directed by Ken Kwapis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while The Associate by John Grisham was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Hushove.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Anno 1404 or The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 February 2009!
Which were the important events of 24 February 2009 ?
- Independence Day in Estonia (1918; the Soviet period is considered illegal annexation).
- Flag Day in MTxico.
- St. Sergius
- Dragobete in Romania.
- St. Matthias
- St. Modest
- St. Edelbert
- Blessed Ameel of Ter Duinen
- Regifugium, in the Roman calendar.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 24 February
- C R Johnson: American freestyle skier (Born 1983).
- United States President Barack Obama addresses a joint session of Congress. (BBC)
- The U.S. Senate confirms Hilda Solis as the Secretary of Labor. (''USA Today'')
- Two people are killed and 28 injured in an apartment-building fire in New York City's Chinatown. (UPI)
- Iraq's National Museum reopens for the first time since being looted during the U.S. Armed Forces' invasion in 2003. (Al Jazeera)
- Six people and an infant are injured in a shooting during Mardi Gras in New Orleans, United States. (BBC)
- Sweden's government announces the engagement of Crown Princess Victoria and personal trainer Daniel Westling. (''The Local'')
- The National Front marches on Thailand's Government House, demanding an early election. (Bloomberg)
- The Taliban announces a ceasefire in its war in northwest Pakistan's Swat Valley. (Reuters)
- NASA's Orbiting Carbon Observatory lands in the Pacific Ocean near Antarctica after failing to reach Earth's orbit. (Sky News)
- Ireland's Stock Exchange falls to its lowest level since 1995. (RTÉ)
- Iraq's Police Service kills an Iraqi interpreter and injures at least three U.S. soldiers in Mosul. (BBC)
- At least 15 people are killed and 90 injured in heavy fighting in Mogadishu, Somalia. (BBC)
- U.S. President Obama and Japanese Prime Minister Taro Aso pledge to cooperate in stimulating economic demand and combating protectionism. (BBC)
- Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi and French President Nicolas Sarkozy agree to cooperate in reviving nuclear power in Italy. (BBC)
- Teachers in Zimbabwe will end their strike action upon receiving government aid. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?