Thursday 24 February 2011
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Born This Way by Lady GaGa.
L'argent, directed by Marcel L'Herbier, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Tick Tock by James Patterson, Michael Ledwidge was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2011.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 February 2011!
Which were the important events of 24 February 2011 ?
- Independence Day in Estonia (1918; the Soviet period is considered illegal annexation).
- Flag Day in MTxico.
- St. Sergius
- Dragobete in Romania.
- St. Matthias
- St. Modest
- St. Edelbert
- Blessed Ameel of Ter Duinen
- Regifugium, in the Roman calendar.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 24 February
- Anant Pai: Indian educationalist and creator of comics (Born 1929).
- Final Launch of Space Shuttle Discovery (OV-103).
- 2010-2011 Algerian protests:
- Algeria officially lifts its 19-year-old state of emergency. (CNN)
- 2011 Libyan civil war:
- Libyan workers fleeing to Tunisia claim that anti-Gaddafi forces control the town of Zuwara, 120 km west of Tripoli. (Al Jazeera)
- More towns and cities closer to Tripoli come under the control of protesters and defectors. (Al Arabiya)
- At least ten people have been killed and dozens injured following an attack by pro-Government forces on the town of Zawiya. (AFP via ''Herald-Sun'')
- Colonel Gaddafi describes himself as a ampquotsymbolic leaderampquot similar to Queen Elizabeth II and blames unrest on al Qaeda. (''USA Today'')
- 2011 Yemeni protests:
- The President of Yemen Ali Abdullah Saleh orders security forces to protect protestors. (Al Arabiya)
- 2011 Bahraini protests:
- Opposition groups outline their demands as protests continue in the country. (Sify India)
- Palestinian militants fire two Grad-model Katyusha rockets at Beersheba, Israel the Israeli Air Force responds with attacks on targets in the Gaza Strip. (''The Jerusalem Post'')
- ''Rolling Stone Magazine'' alleges that United States Army Lieutenant General William B. Caldwell ordered a campaign of ampquotpsychological operationsampquot to persuade influential people to continue support for the War in Afghanistan. (''Rolling Stone'')
- The Superior Court in Riverside County, California, orders an urgent medical evaluation of US blues singer Etta James after concerns are raised about her health. (''Los Angeles Times'')
- CBS and Warner Bros. Television shut down ''Two and a Half Men'' for the remainder of the current season due to concerns about Charlie Sheen's health and behaviour. (Access Hollywood)
- Toyota recalls more than two million vehicles in the United States to address problems with accelerator pedals being trapped in floormats. (''Detroit News'')
- Allison Transmission, a maker of transmissions for trucks and buses, is planning an initial public offering expected to raise between US$500 million and $1 billion, according to Reuters, which cites ampquotfour sources familiar with the situation.ampquot (Reuters)
- The US Air Force awards Boeing a $35billion contract to build aerial refueling tankers. (''New York Times'')
- 2011 Canterbury earthquake
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2011 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?