Thursday 24 January 1924
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
The Little Napoleon, directed by Georg Jacoby, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1924.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 January 1924!
Which were the important events of 24 January 1924 ?
- Jim Ross Day - State of Oklahoma
- Roman Catholic Church - Feasts of St. Francis de Sales and Our Lady of Peace
- Roman Empire - first day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra
- Joe Albany: American pianist (d. 1988).
- Brian Bevan: Australian-English rugby player (d. 1991).
- C Muthamma: Indian soldier and diplomat (d. 2009).
- David Craighead: Composer.
- Klaus George Roy: Composer.
- Marvin Kaplan in Brooklyn: New York, USA; actor (Top Cat, Henry - Alice).
- Robert Kastenmeier: American lawyer and politician, a US representative and member of the Democratic Party. He served in the Army during WWII from 1943 to 1946, earning his Lieutenant's rank.Upon his discharge he served as a branch director in the Philippines for the War Department. He was first elected to Congress in November 1958 and served for several consecutive terms until he lost his seat in the election of 1990. .
- Robert W Kastenmeier American politician (Representative-Democrat-Wisconsin: 1959-).
- 8th Earl Spencer in England large landowner/father of Diane: Princess of Wales.
- Mussolini disallows non-fascists work union
- Russian city of Saint Petersburg is renamed Leningrad.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1924 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Sun-Kist Rose - Vincent Lopez & His Orchestra
- Dipper Mouth Blues - King Oliver & His Jazz Band
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?