Tuesday 24 January 1939
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ray Stevens in Clarksdale and José Argüelles.
Gunga Din, directed by George Stevens, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Television Surveys.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 January 1939!
Which were the important events of 24 January 1939 ?
- Jim Ross Day - State of Oklahoma
- Roman Catholic Church - Feasts of St. Francis de Sales and Our Lady of Peace
- Roman Empire - first day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra
- Ray Stevens in Clarksdale: Georgia, USA; singer ("Ahab the Arab", "The Streak").
- José Argüelles: American esoteric author, specialist in Mayan and New Age prophesies.
- Ray Stevens: Country Singer.
- Maximilian Bircher-Benner: Swiss physician and a pioneer in nutritional research.
- 30,000 killed by earthquake in Concepcion Chile.
- Eddie Collins, Willie Keeler and George Sisler elected to Baseball Hall of Fame.
- Spanish government moves to Figueras.
- The deadliest earthquake in Chilean history strikes Chillan.
- An earthquake kills 30,000 in Chile, and razes about .
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?