Sunday 24 January 1943
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Tarzan Triumphs, directed by William Thiele, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1943.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 January 1943!
Which were the important events of 24 January 1943 ?
- Jim Ross Day - State of Oklahoma
- Roman Catholic Church - Feasts of St. Francis de Sales and Our Lady of Peace
- Roman Empire - first day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra
- Sharon Tate in Dallas: Texas, USA; actress (Valley of the Dolls).
- Julie Bennett in Beverly Hills: California, USA; actress (Hey There It's Yogi Bear).
- Robert Barbault: French astrologer and member of a noted French astrology family, the nephew of Andre and Armand.
- Sharon Tate: American actress, sex symbol and model.
- Julie Bennett: American actress.
- Subhash Ghai: Indian director producer and screenwriter
- Peter Struck: German lawyer and politician 13th German Federal Minister of Defence (d. 2012)
- Tony Trimmer: English race car driver
- John Burns: American writer, the author of three novels.
- Hitler orders Nazi troops at Stalingrad to fight to death
- Jewish patients / nurses / doctors incinerated at Auschwitz-Birkenau
- The Casablanca Conference ends. The British persuaded the Americans to postpone the cross-Channel invasion. US President Franklin Roosevelt announces to the press the Allied policy of requiring the unconditional surrender of Germany, Italy, and Japan.
- World War II: Franklin D. Roosevelt and Winston Churchill conclude a conference in Casablanca.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?