Monday 24 January 1955
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK The Finger Of Suspicion by Dickie Valentine With The Stargazers was in the top 5 hits.
Bad Day at Black Rock, directed by John Sturges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The View From Pompey'S Head by Hamilton Basso was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1955.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 January 1955!
Which were the important events of 24 January 1955 ?
- Jim Ross Day - State of Oklahoma
- Roman Catholic Church - Feasts of St. Francis de Sales and Our Lady of Peace
- Roman Empire - first day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra
- Julian Holland: rocker (Squeeze).
- James Montgomery: US 100m swimmer (1976 Olympics - 3 Gold Medals).
- Jim Montgomery: American swimmer, triple Olympics champion: he won 3 gold medals and a bronze at the 1976 Montréal Olympics and was the first man to break the barrier of the 50 sec.
- Ira Hayes: American marine who raised the U.S.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1955 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Ames Brothers - The Naughty Lady Of Shady Lane
- (My Baby Don't Love Me) No More - DeJohn Sisters
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?