Saturday 24 January 1959
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include David Mills and Vic Reeves.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Smoke Gets In Your Eyes by The Platters.
In UK It's Only Make Believe by Conway Twitty was in the top 5 hits.
Sleeping Beauty, directed by Clyde Geronimi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while From The Terrace by John O'Hara was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Third Man.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 January 1959!
Which were the important events of 24 January 1959 ?
- Jim Ross Day - State of Oklahoma
- Roman Catholic Church - Feasts of St. Francis de Sales and Our Lady of Peace
- Roman Empire - first day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra
- David Mills: American author.
- Vic Reeves: English comedian, artist, actor and television presenter best known for his double act with Bob Mortimer (Vic and Bob).
- Akira Maeda: Japanese wrestler mixed martial artist and actor.
- Party with Comden & Green closes at John Golden NYC after 38 performances
- WHCT TV channel 18 in Hartford, CT (IND) begins broadcasting
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Platters - Smoke Gets In Your Eyes
- Connie Francis - My Happiness
- The Chipmunks - The Chipmunk Song
- Ritchie Valens - Donna
- The Crests - 16 Candles
- Clyde McPhatter - A Lover's Question
- Billy Grammer - Gotta Travel On
- Fats Domino - Whole Lotta Loving
- Lloyd Price - Stagger Lee
- The Teddy Bears - To Know Him, Is To Love Him
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?