Monday 24 January 1966
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kim Saiki and Mike Forgeron in Main-A-Dieu.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to We Can Work It Out by The Beatles.
In UK Day Tripper / We Can Work It Out by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
The Ghost and Mr. Chicken, directed by Alan Rafkin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Those Who Love by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Die Tintenfische.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cyborg 009.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 January 1966!
Which were the important events of 24 January 1966 ?
- Jim Ross Day - State of Oklahoma
- Roman Catholic Church - Feasts of St. Francis de Sales and Our Lady of Peace
- Roman Empire - first day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra
- Kim Saiki: Inglewood, California -- Golfer (1994 Standard Register PING-13th).
- Mike Forgeron in Main-A-Dieu: Nova Scotia, Canada; rower (Olympics-1996).
- Kim Saiki in Inglewood: California, USA; golfer (1994 Standard Register PING-13th).
- Karin Viard: French actress, winner of two César Awards: the first for Best Actress for her role in Haut les cœurs! (1999) and the second for Best Supporting Actress for Embrassez qui vous voudrez (Summer Things, 2002).
- Jimeoin : English-Irish comedian actor producer and screenwriter.
- Homi J Bhabha: Indian physicist (Born 1909).
- WDIO TV channel 10 in Duluth, MN (ABC) begins broadcasting
- An Air India Boeing 707 jet crashes on Mont Blanc, on the border between France and Italy, killing 117.
- Harold Holt becomes Prime Minister of Australia when Robert Menzies retires.
- Beaumont children disappearance: Three children disappear on their way to Glenelg, South Australia, never to be seen again.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - We Can Work It Out
- The Beach Boys - Barbara Ann
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - She's Just My Style
- The T-Bones - No Matter What Shape (Your Stomach's In)
- The Vogues - Five O'Clock World
- The Rolling Stones - As Tears Go By
- Mike Douglas - The Men In My Little Girl's Life
- Herman's Hermits - A Must To Avoid
- Petula Clark - My Love
- Mitch Ryder - Jenny Take A Ride
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?