Thursday 24 January 1980
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Rock With You by Michael Jackson.
In UK Brass In Pocket by The Pretenders was in the top 5 hits.
while Smiley'S People by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1980.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 January 1980!
Which were the important events of 24 January 1980 ?
- Jim Ross Day - State of Oklahoma
- Roman Catholic Church - Feasts of St. Francis de Sales and Our Lady of Peace
- Roman Empire - first day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra
- Nicole Marie Lenz: American actress.
- Yamandu Costa: Brazilian acoustic guitarist, stunning with his classical and popular background.
- Rocky Boiman: American football player and sportscaster.
- Nicole Lenz: American model and actress.
- Rebecca Romero: English cyclist and rower.
- Lil Dagover: Dutch-born German actress (Born 1887).
- The Chicago, Rock Island and Pacific railroad is ordered to be liquidated due to bankruptcy.
- North of Livermore Valley, California, a magnitude 5.8 earthquake occurs.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1980 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Michael Jackson - Rock With You
- Captain and Tennille - Do That To Me One More Time
- Kenny Rogers - Coward Of The County
- Rupert Holmes - Escape (The Pina Colada Song)
- Smokey Robinson - Cruisin'
- Stevie Wonder - Send One Your Love
- Cliff Richard - We Don't Talk Anymore
- Queen - Crazy Little Thing Called Love
- Eagles - The Long Run
- Fleetwood Mac - Sara
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?